Total training is a very successful company delivering training, workshops and seminars.
At total training we are passionate about providing practical, real skills for real people. We live our own promises and we are proud of the diverse nature of our work and clients that include elite sports people, national sporting organisations, large retail businesses, a range of small to medium enterprises, and injury rehabilitation services. Practicing what we preach is a core philosophy for everyone at Total Training, we walk our talk. We have a “feet on the ground” approach to everything we do, and we work very hard to translate complex principles and information into tools and ideas that are easily understood and applied; in other words, real.
Theo Feldbrugge, Director Total Training
- “Theo’s workshops are a joy! They are engaging, inspirational and extremely practical. The Coach Accelerator Programme (High Performance Sport New Zealand’s premier coach development programme) has had a relationship with Theo and Total Training for the past few years, and will continue to do so. The consistent feedback from the elite coaches that have participated in Theo’s workshops is that they are highly valuable, expertly delivered, and extremely relevant for both themselves and their athletes/teams. Theo’s experience, knowledge and ability to connect with the people that he works with are testament to both the content of his workshops, and to him as a facilitator and leader. He has made a significant contribution to the development of the high performance coaching environment in New Zealand. I recommend him highly.”Alex McKenzie (Coach Accelerator Programme Manager, High Performance Sport New Zealand)
- I first met Ted (Theo) in 2010 when I attended a course on Positive Psychology/Learned Optimism/ Optimistic Thinking that he facilitated. The course itself was outstanding and put the theory & science behind how we receive and process information and thoughts. Since then Ted has been a superb, wise & always available sounding board and mentor for me on all sorts of stuff relating to Mental Well Being, Leadership, Positive Psychology…the list goes on! He knows how to get the thoughts flowing!Brad Mooar, Assistant Coach, Crusaders Rugby 2016 to…
- Ballantynes uses Total Training because we know that each and every time we are going to get superbly run sessions from the industries best trainers. Carol and Theo are inspirational individuals with fantastic facilitation and coaching skills and have never failed to make a positive and most importantly a lasting impact on our staff. Thanks’Isaac Alchin, Training and Development Manager at Ballantynes
- I met Theo at the beginning of 2014 and found he made every effort to understand our diverse needs and work to find a solution for two completely different business units with regard to leadership development. The feedback has been astonishing! I have received comprehensive feedback from participants which shows the impact the programmes have had on our people both professionally and in their private lives. The team at Total Training are great sounding boards for future ideas and planning and I cannot endorse them enough for the outcomes and impact they have had on our business.Wendy Tyler, General Manager – People, Ngai Tahu Property (and Ngai Tahu Farming)
- Total Training was engaged to provide leadership development for our staff. The feedback received from workshop attendees has been extremely positive and the application of the skills learned has had a definite impact not only the organisation but also on the individuals themselves. Thank you to Theo and Malcolm for providing the type of engaging workshops where the skills learned result in long term gains for us all.Alison Klopper; HR Manager, St Georges Hospital, Christchurch
- I first met Ted at a NZ spinal trust workshop in 2013. I was a little dubious going into the day having never been to this type of business development workshop before – suffice to say any doubts I had were well and truly gone by morning tea. The messages that Ted provided on the power of mindset, managing different personality types and understanding people spoke to me on three levels. Personally it has provided me with tools to help build resilience in my children (I hope!), professionally it helped me understand how different people respond to different forms of management and motivation and professionally it gave me some immediate tools to help individuals that I work with that face huge personal challenges to start to reframe their outlook on life.I could never understand why some people that I have had the pleasure of working with develop and grow from such significant events and why some people do not. Ted helped me understand this and also gave me tools to try and help those that are struggling see a future. On the back of this we brought Ted down to Dunedin to run a workshop with our staff – the takeaway messages for our group were very powerful as they started to understand that how they react to any given circumstances is within their control.I have since kept in contact with Ted and look forward to the next one.Mark Shirley, Physiotherapist
Managing Director – RATA SOuth, MHSc (Rehabilitation) PGDipHSc, BPhty
MNZCP (Advanced Practitioner Neurology)
- “Theo is a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the world of business, training and mental toughness. His offerings are vast and he was able to tailor with ease a package to suit my needs as a manager, whilst being flexible throughout the day in response to the staff. He is able to challenge people respectfully, bringing reflection and personal development and provides excellent resourcing for take away support; which is very valuable. I would not hesitate to involve Theo in our organisation again; in fact he would be at the top of my list. Every organisation needs to experience his training, at least once!”Mel Kelly, National Manager, Kaleidoscope, NZST
I unreservedly recommend Malcolm McKenzie of Total Training in Christchurch.
Malcolm was recently employed by the company to provide mentoring services to one of my key managers. The remit was centred on Leadership development.
Undoubtedly Malcolm’s innovative and fresh approach has assisted my team member greatly. He has visibly grown in confidence and is employing some great new personal leadership skills with both his team and peers around him. The techniques and thinking that Malcolm has helped to pass on has truly made a difference. What was also refreshing was how Malcolm involved me, and the rest of the Marketing team in this process. He ran some fun activities that explained both my team members’ journey, as well as highlighting some new ways of working better as a team.
Peter Cox, Marketing & Sales Manager – Cookie Time Limited
Total Training has brought a completely new dimension to the Inspire Foundation, their skilled team of training professionals lead by Ted (Theo) Feldbrugge have completely re-energised the training programme we put together for the Inspire Grantees. The team’s commitment to deliver first class training on topics including Presentation skills, Communication skills, Mental Management skills and more has delivered foundational programmes that assist our grantees to achieve on the world stage.
Paul Wright – Chairman & Co-Founder, Inspire Foundation.
(This training is delivered pro bono as a community service to Inspire Foundation.)
During the last 6 years we have engaged Total Training in several different areas of our business including Organisational Restructuring, Leadership Training, Sales Team Training, and Staff Recruitment. In every instance we have had very successful outcomes. Additionally we have gained a very real understanding of what we are here for with insight into the importance that perseverance and optimism play in all aspects of life.
Chris Dawson, General Manager, Agpac Ltd
We invited Theo to speak at our AGM weekend at the Annual Awards Dinner for Cycling New Zealand. Let’s just say that there were many a tear in eyes and lots of quiet moments at the end of Theo’s presentation! What a humble man with an incredible story that was delivered in such a relaxed way that it was both inspiring and thought provoking. With a limited time slot of 20 minutes Theo still managed to portray the huge scale of his journey and the main message of positivity, belief and never giving up. I personally will never forget this presentation and am spreading his story to as many people as I can.
Faye Christensen, Executive Assistant | Office Manager, Cycling NZ
We engaged Total Training to help members of our team develop skills and confidence in delivering a presentation on their knowledge and experience. This was part of an assessment process for team members to qualify for their National Diploma in Building Control Surveying. Carol Kirk provided an engaging session covering how to put together an effective presentation, with clear and easy to follow supporting material. Carol ensured a safe environment for participants to practice speaking to a group, and helped individuals to recognise their strengths and weaknesses, providing constructive feedback to support their growth.
Outcomes for our team included:
- Recognising that we are all different, with our own style of presentation that works for us
- Alleviating misconceptions as to what makes a successful presentation
- Increased confidence and ability to present effectively
- Successful presentation delivery for individuals’ qualification assessment
We were pleased to work with Total Training who share our philosophy about making training real and ensuring it is effective.
Vanessa Beavon, Business & Training Development Leader, Selwyn District Council
I would like to thank the amazing team at Total Training for helping me shape my department to the stage that we are now converting customers from other stores to our own. The Total Training team made the training for our staff fun and easy to understand and they gave them the tools to succeed in excellence of customer service. I would highly recommend any of the courses they offer. We ran their Customer Service, Self-Scan and Team Leaders courses, and I believe that anyone wanting to reach maximum results should do the same. Miacarla Stryder – Checkout Manager, PAK’nSAVE Riccarton